We continuously ensure the provision has a positive impact on the outcomes for all of our children/young people. We do this in a variety of ways, including:
- Robust evaluation of policy and practice – We are committed to having effective policies in place. These are updated regularly and always when there has been a change in the law.
- Book scrutinies – These are done by the SLT in conjunction with the Head of department in order to monitor progress and learning in the lesson. Book scrutiny is a natural part of our self-evaluation process.
- The SENCO meets with the link governor termly
- Learning walks – Like with book scrutiny’s, learning walks are also part of our self- evaluation process and again are carried out by SLT and Heads of Department. They are used to support whole- school improvement.
- Performance management – Performance management is a continuous process for identifying, evaluating and developing the work performance of teachers, so that the goals and objectives of the school are more effectively achieved.
- Other – Progress of SEND students is monitoring by the SENCO and the Learning Support staff through the use of provision maps and holding annual reviews.